I was so ignorant back then...
you coulda told me anything- i'd "understand".
But what really hurt the most...
you always lied to me- then you'd smile 'bout it and boast.
I stopped playing your game
the lies were over rated, so lame...
I decided to grow up and walk away...
save myself a little pain.
Not sayin' goodbye...
just sticking 'roud to say why?
Never thought this would last forever...
didn't think the communication would be severed...
I do not regret
that you got upset...
It was time for you to see
...i'm tired of smiles lying to me...
Good memories we share,
don't pretend you don't care...
It didn't last very long
but good times can't do wrong...
Reflecting on what coulda been
not on what shoulda been.
We both know that we'll be fine
this is not goodbye- just askin', "Why?"
dedicated to a friend of mine...back in the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I love this poem! I can relate to this too, I can't wait to read the rest of your poems, this was my first one to read and i really like it!
Post a Comment