After you did what you’ve done, you were only thinking of number one… not realizing the miles it’d spread. With tears in my eyes I had to compromise… thinking someday maybe some things would be the same. I respect that you’re here, just “why” isn’t clear.
Sure, I'm here but I wish I could be somewhere in between. Knowing that you're sorry is good enough for me. I'm glad that you've come back and changed that person in your heart- but just know you haven't come that far... don’t stop now- aim for the stars.
I wish the words could come to mind- those verses that have been rehearsed and refined. The things I’ve wanted to say, state, ask and rebuke, are now a blur. I guess lets just say someone has changed- my thoughts of you were that of an angry teen. Since then I’ve learned quite a few things.
The poem I wrote still rings loud and clear- the angry tears my cheeks remember still… but the man that sinned has died, and since been forgotten. But the other day my Cell phone rang- a familiar voice spoke crystal clearly- Was it a voice from the grave?
I prepared myself for a ghostly encounter- and prepared my speech that was perfected profoundly… but what I saw was a surprise. That man was still in the grave… a new man stood before me today. It was something I saw in his face that said he had changed.
I doubt he’ll ever see this half-baked poetry… but honestly… my true feelings never will. I write and I write but the real me never comes out. If just once I could write and finally satisfy my soul! If someday I could finally speak the peace in me. I’d finally be free.
No comments:
Post a Comment