Thursday, May 24, 2007

a contrite

For the moments I think I’m weak… I thank you for proving it true.
Lowly bowing my head- here am I. Coming home to you.

How do put forgiveness in such a thankless jerk as me?
I receive and don’t repay your holy generosity.
I am grime, a filthy shame, wholly blasphemy.

I saw the sinking sand and trespassed loyally.
I’m always way in over my head- completely, totally, royally.
You’re always pulling my head up out of the muck.
I cling to that dirt I’m found in, but my mouth says that I’m stuck.
I know that changes must be made, steps to better light.
I don’t deserve this umpteenth chance, why do you hear my plight?

I am less than this turf I pace on so well-
This grass that’s dead where I’ve dwelled.
I say I’m sorry, my actions are ‘sorry’, my life is a sorry excuse.

I scream and plead, when I doubt my sincerity is contrite proof.
Lord, for the moments I feel weak, thank you for proving it true.

1 comment:

Craig & Tomya's Australian Odyssey said...

Grace ... my dear daughter. Whereas it was not cheap ... It's free. Live .. Learn ... love the unloveable. Learn to love even yourself.

UR beautiful and amazing! POP