Thursday, January 10, 2008

outta control

Psalm 108:1
My heart is steadfast, O God!
I will sing and make melody with all of my being!

Psalm 109:1
Be not silent, O God of my praise!

Psalm 115:1
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and faithfulness!

Colosians 1:11
May you be strengthened with all Power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy.

(These are verses on my mind today. Jeff should recognise the Colossians reference... )

Oh... how do you know how your day is going? Can you decide? Or do you wake up, doomed to live out your day in a certain mannor? Sometimes I think so. Sometimes I think that when I wake up I already know how my day will end. So many things, personal or relational, they tend to run my life. I know I've been writing a lot of Notes this week... but it's the first time since the break started, that i've really had a chance to sit down and think 'out loud.' All optimism aside... is it possible to decide how well your day goes?

What about all of those outside influences??? Those people close enough to you that decisions they make, can make or break your mood. When I was growing up, i moved a lot. Moving still doesn't go over so well with me, but It's my decision now. I live on my own. I hated moving when I was little, and since I hated moving, i was angry with the one's responsible for the move. Or, I love my friends... but some of them are more prone to drama. How can I really enjoy myself if I'm worried about gossip? Those things don't really influence me daily... but you know where I'm going with that, right?

Our lives are completely, utterly, 100%, fully OUT OF OUR CONTROL... Those people I mentioned? They are human beings and even they can effect my day. So... how does it make you feel when you realize that God has the whole world in his hands? Sure, we have free will. But how come I can't fly or breathe under water- or both? I want those things so badly!! BUT... reality kicks in and I remember It'll never happen.

Is it too cliche to say that your day is in God's hands? I chose those verses up there to kinda decribe the control we have over our own life. 0. The first verse, he isn't just 'steadfast' because he feels like it. It's God! The second verse: he is depending on God, he wants to hear him. Third verse: "It's not about me... it's all about God." And the fourth verse is simple and deep. We are weak on our own... here Paul is praying that the Colossians would be strengthened with God's strength- making them more like Christ.

Do you want to know how to wake up in the morning and know how your day is going to end? Make a concious decision to give it to God. Your day may be great, or terrible. That's life... we don't have control. But if we give all of that to God... he will do amazing things within us.

No comments: