Thursday, March 06, 2008

What do you do?

I am on a team to Leon, Mexico; we plan to move there in May. I guess, we WERE planning to move there in May.

We are in the Adventures in Missions program, in Lubbock Texas. This is a 2 year school of mental and spiritual training for the mission field called life. 8 Months are spent in the classroom learning from some of the wisest men I've ever met... and the following 14 months are spent learning from a missionary on his mission field. This is an awesome opportunity that we as a team, were "destined" to fullfil in Leon, Mexico.

As time has progressed we have learned that the coordinator/missionary in Leon would not be able to train my team. He requested a smaller team in our stead. We however are left with one of two things... 1.) one really stressful field decision making processs (for the second time) or 2.) an awesome chance to once again explore possible field sites and see where God is taking us.

I admit this was making me stressed. I was nervous and scared and anxious... but something changed. I decided to see this happenstance as something beautiful instead.

Before any of this happened my team was sitting in our team dynamics class with two of our mission assistants when this question was asked: "What if _____?" They gave us many, many illustrations. Now I ask myself, "What if I can't go to Leon? What is the answer? What do you do? I know what I would do.

No comments: