I never fully appreciated the gravity of my purpose in Mexico. I lived and worked here for 15 months, yet I never once felt like I took ownership of this place. I never once considered this mission seriously. Yet things are changing. I feel as though this city is my home, my people... And I owe it to them to come back and share the love of my savior with them. The love of a creator who doesn't require us to prove our worth or love; he simply asks that we trust him with our worth, and love him from the bottom of our hearts.
My heart hurts as we're leaving here shortly, but I hold onto this hope- I will return, and I will bring more workers. I love this city; but one thing that has changed is that I love it too much to leave it be. The Gray City can come to life with color and light. It can live in freedom and grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment