Monday, February 12, 2007

Somewhere

I don't think I can do this... living in eternal disguise.

I've begged and pleaded but that isn't me... just a lie.

I long to feel something- just to know that I've hope.

But now isn't that day I've prayed for.

I know that soon... probably too soon, you'll be here.

I'll be stuck, I'll be a wreck, and I’ll be in love- what is love?

Are you waiting for me, you're out there- somewhere.

But I don't worry much because I know you're there.

Because so many faces come and go... my trust has faded.

My joy is diminished, my heart is hard and my face is frowned.

I don't mean to be distant, but I’m holding out.

I know that you're out there, out there somewhere.

Are you waiting for me?

Because there're faces 'round me and my future isn't clear.

Am I ignorant? blind? impatient? unkind?

Have I scared you away because my defenses are so high?

Has God not sent you to me yet? -Because, that's fine!?

I know you're out there... unbeknownst to me...

Of our destinations, or our futures... nothing's clear.

But I know that Someday you will appear...

and be perfect for me.

No comments: