Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Just one of those days.

Oh, these days make me so confused. I have been fighting to keep the peace for so long it seems- sometimes I'm sure that I have. It's not just you who claimed me. You never meant any harm; you were a very good friend. I've only had good friends. God has blessed me in every time of need with a best friend to help me endure. For those nights that I would not have survived on my own, thank you! But why must I be burned? I want to be friends or not at all. Why must I keep this false peace; I assure you, you're the only one who sleeps at night. You walk in the shadows, but all eyes are on you. With all this influence you wield, why are you slow to mature? For all I know, I am the only one hurting. Why must I always think the worst, just so that when I see your face I won't cringe? Oh the humanity. It's not worth my time. I want to care, but I think you need me to care less. I don't know how you feel about what's been going on, or think about me. It's for the best. If I don't know, it makes what I have to do easier. Why do I always have to be on guard?

No comments: